Just199 Hosting is very proud to announce that it has become a Certified CloudFlare partner! All of our hosting clients will now notice a new section of their cPanel control panel entitled “CloudFlare – Supercharge your website”. From here, sites hosted with us can start to use CloudFlare technology with just a few simple clicks!
What is CloudFlare?
CloudFlare is revolutionary software that accelerates and protects any website online. On average, websites using CloudFlare load 2x faster, use 60% less bandwidth, have 65% fewer requests, and are way more secure!
How does CloudFlare work?
- Performance Acceleration: CloudFlare runs a global network of over 30 datacenters located throughout the world. Using this network, CloudFlare designed its next-generation CDN (Content Delivery Network). Their CDN automatically caches your static files at their edge nodes so these files are stored closer to your visitors while delivering your dynamic content directly from our web server. CloudFlare then uses a technology called Anycast to route your visitors to the nearest data center. The result is that your website, on average, loads twice as fast for your visitors regardless of where they are located.
- Web Content Optimization: Beyond edge caching (moving static files closer to web visitors), CloudFlare improves the loading of a web page. CloudFlare offers several optimization features including:
- Polish: Automatically applies ‘lossless’ or ‘lossy’ image optimization to remove unnecessary bytes from images. On average, image sizes are reduced by 35%
- Mirage: Delivers images that are the appropriate size and resolution for the device and automatic “lazy load” functionality
- Availability with Always Online: In the unlikely event that your web service with us is down, CloudFlare will serve a limited copy of your cached website to keep it online for your visitors. CloudFlare builds the Always Online version of your website so that your most popular pages are represented.
- Easy Website Security: Online threats range from nuisances like comment spam and excessive bot crawling to malicious attacks like SQL injection and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. CloudFlare provides security protection against all of these types of threats and more to keep your website safe. CloudFlare stops web threats at the edge before they hit the origin server.
- DOS mitigation: Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks are on the rise and have evolved into complex and overwhelming security challenges for organizations large and small. Your website is automatically protected from a variety of DoS attacks with CloudFlare.
- Analtyics & Reports
- Analytics & Stats: CloudFlare provides insight to your website traffic that you can’t get from other analytics programs. In addition to visitor analytics, you can monitor threats and search engine crawlers. For most websites, these threats and crawlers make up20% to 50% of traffic. It’s traffic every website should understand but most analytics services ignore. Compatible with all analytics programs including Google Analytics.
- Lower CPU Usage and Bandwidth: If you get a surge in traffic, CloudFlare’s CDN will absorb the effect so your server stays online. On average, you’ll see 65% fewer requests to your server and save 60% of your bandwidth!
Have any questions?
Feel free to submit a support ticket to us and we’d be more than happy to assist you!